SectionsTest Prep For AP® Courses
Test Prep For AP® Courses
Which of the following factors is NOT strongly associated with voting behavior?
- feeling connected to society
- being single rather than married
- having a job
- length of residence in the neighborhood
- increased education
Politicians are much more likely to prefer spending money on their own constituents than on another politician’s constituents. This behavior is referred to as ____________.
- special interest politics
- pork-barrel spending
- Keynesian economics
- inelastic demand
Which of the following scenarios illustrates the median voter theory of public economics?
- A politician chooses to cater to an exclusively poor and working-class demographic.
- A politician’s views are influenced by a special interest group.
- A company attempts to bribe politicians to pass a law that will help them bypass regulations.
- Politicians attempt to compromise and find common ground among left- and right-leaning voters.
- Voters with a median level of annual income decide which policies will be enacted.