Test Prep For AP® Courses
Which of the following is NOT a primary reason for the decline in union membership in the United States over the past 40 years?
- The rise of the service sector and decline in manufacturing
- Increased competition from foreign countries
- The increased use of workers’ councils as a means of dispute resolution
- A hostile legal environment that has made it difficult at times to unionize
- More codes and laws that protect workers from employer power
One of the goals of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to eliminate which labor market phenomenon?
- Efficiency wages
- Discrimination in hiring and pay
- A low minimum wage
- The hiring of immigrant workers
- Tax breaks for the wealthy
Which of the following is primarily considered an economic cost of increased immigration?
- Increased demand for goods and services
- Increased number of skilled workers
- Tax revenue from more workers
- Increased demand for public services such as schools and welfare
- Expanded knowledge and technologies