Use the link below for students to use their counting skills to rescue the Oktas:
- Select the level for the game. (Click on the plus sign next to INSTRUCTIONS to see the targets for each level or enter custom targets by clicking on CUSTOM.)
- Prompt students to drag over the number of Oktas shown in the circle in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Students may select the Oktas individually or draw a curve around them.
- When the proper number of Oktas have been collected, click on the chute below the Oktas to transport them to a safe ocean.
- When the time limit is up, students will count all of the Oktas saved in the given time and represent the number saved by dragging the slider to the appropriate number on the number line.
After students have played a few rounds, discuss the following questions.
- What strategies did you use to select the number of Oktas shown?
- How did you know you had the right number of Oktas before you clicked the chute to send them to a new ocean?
- How did you determine the total number of Oktas you saved?
Click this button to visit the Counting Oktas game:Counting Oktas