Welcome to Unit 3: Comprehension Instructional Routines of the Online Texas Adolescent Literacy Academy (OTALA) Module 1: Building Background Knowledge with Anticipation-Reaction Guides.
There are six sections to this module:
- Overview and Objectives
- Preparing Anticipation-Reaction Guides
- Modeling Anticipation-Reaction Guides
- The Anticipation-Reaction Guide During Reading
- Independent Practice of the Anticipation-Reaction Guide
- The Anticipation-Reaction Guide in Science and Math
Each section consists of presentation videos along with related activities to complete. You may download a copy of the module handouts, transcript of the video, and presentation slides by clicking on the links below.
The total time required to complete this module is approximately 45 minutes. The module may be completed at your own pace. You may complete all six sections in a single session, or you may log in multiple times as you work through the information and activities.