- Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity and may be negative or positive.
- Average acceleration is expressed in m/s2 and, in one dimension, can be calculated using
- The kinematic equations show how time, displacement, velocity, and acceleration are related for objects in motion.
- In general, kinematic problems can be solved by identifying the kinematic equation that expresses the unknown in terms of the knowns.
- Displacement, velocity, and acceleration may be displayed graphically versus time.