This resource is a curated collection of interactives, videos, or other digital media assembled in a conceptually scaffolded 5E lesson format. It provides alternative or additional tier-one learning options for students learning about heat transfer, Chemistry TEKS (11)(B). The assignments require student participation with self-checked and teacher-checked formative assessment opportunities. For example, after students record observations and data in their notebooks, they may be prompted to be prepared to share their answers with the class.
Check for prerequisite knowledge, differentiation needs, and student follow-up requirements (as necessary) by reviewing the resource before assigning it to or working through it with your students.
How to Use this Resource
This resource can be used for instruction in a variety of ways.
- Use with a single computer and projector; this can be delivered in a traditional classroom.
- Use with a combination of individual student computers and teacher computer and projector (in either a computer lab or other 1:1 environment).
- Assign the resource to students as work to do outside of the school day as part of a flipped classroom to allow application, practice, and additional support during the school day.
- Use with students as tutorials.
- Share with parents to inform them about what their child is learning in school.
- Use with students who are unable to participate in the traditional classroom environment.