Did You Know...
- Burping is a way to expel air from your stomach. The more air in your stomach, the larger the burp!
- Our bodies do not digest cellulose. Corn kernels, which contain cellulose, are expelled undigested.
- If you eat a food containing large amounts of food coloring, your poop will be a different color!
- Your mouth produces about one liter of saliva per day.
- Peristalsis, not gravity, helps move food through the digestive tract.
- Heartburn occurs when acid from the stomach moves up into the esophagus.