Study Edge Precalculus
Precalculus is the preparation for calculus. The course approaches is designed to strengthen and enhance conceptual understanding and mathematical reasoning used when modeling and solving mathematical and real-world problems. Students systematically work with functions and their multiple representations. Precalculus can deepen students' mathematical understanding and fluency with algebra and trigonometry and extends their ability to make connections and apply concepts and procedures at higher levels. Students will investigate and explore mathematical ideas, develop multiple strategies for analyzing complex situations, and use technology to build understanding, make connections between representations, and provide support in solving problems (TAC §111.42(b)(3)).
This video book is brought to you by TEA and Study Edge. It may be used to teach an entire Precalculus course or to supplement traditional Precalculus textbooks.
Please provide feedback on Study Edge's open-source instructional materials.
- 6.01 Trigonometric Identities
- 6.02 Solving Trigonometric Equations
- 6.03 Sum and Difference Formulas of Trigonometric Functions
- 6.04 Double Angle and Half Angle Formulas of Trigonometric Functions
- 6.05 Law of Sines and Cosines
- 6.06 Trigonometric Word Problems
- 6.07 Vectors
- 6.08 Bonus Video: Law of Sines—The Ambiguous Case