Study Edge Chemistry
In Chemistry, students will conduct laboratory and field investigations and make informed decisions using critical thinking and scientific problem solving. Students will study a variety of topics that include characteristics of matter, use of the Periodic Table, development of atomic theory and chemical bonding, chemical stoichiometry, gas laws, solution chemistry, thermochemistry, and nuclear chemistry. Students will investigate how chemistry is an integral part of our daily lives (TAC §112.35(b)(1)).
This video book is brought to you by TEA and Study Edge. It may be used to teach an entire Chemistry course or to supplement traditional Chemistry textbooks.
Please provide feedback on Study Edge's open-source instructional materials.
- 5.01 Matter
- 5.02 Properties of Matter
- 5.03 Dalton's Atomic Theory of Matter
- 5.04 Structure of the Nuclear Atom
- 5.05 Shorthand Notation and Isotopes
- 5.06 Calculating Atomic Mass
- 5.07 The Periodic Table
- 5.08 Bonding in Elements
- 5.09 Naming Ions
- 5.10 Naming Ionic Compounds
- 5.11 Naming Molecular Compounds
- 5.12 Naming Acids and Bases